On Saturday July 27th, 2013 House Of Strength hosted Roanoke’s first North America Strongman (NAS) sanctioned strongman contest as part of the 2013 Subway Commonwealth Games. In the event’s first year, 14 great athletes put on an amazing show for a packed house of spectators as they competed for the title of Virginia’s Strongest – as well as invitations to nationals for the top 2 lifters.
Log Clean & Press – Max reps in 60 seconds. Clean once and press away.
- Women = 3/4 BW
- Men’s Novice = 180#
- Men’s Open LW (Under 200) = 190#
- Men’s Open HW (Over 200) = 250#
- Women = 1.5X Bodyweight x Max reps in 1 minute
- Men = 1 Rep Max. 50 pound jumps per round, starting at 350. Passes allowed at any weight. 1 missed rep = OUT. Heaviest weight lifted counts.
Farmer’s Walk – 75 Feet with 3 turns
- Women = 105# per hand
- Men’s Novice = 195# per hand
- Men’s Open LW = 195# per hand
- Men’s Open HW = 285# per hand
Women’s silver medalist and House Of Strength member CarolAnne Herington
Stone-Over-Bar – Max reps in 60 seconds
- Women = 90# Stone at 48″
- Men’s Novice = 220# Stone at 48″
- Men’s Open LW = 220# Stone at 52″
- Men’s Open HW = 300# Stone at 48″
Moving Medley – 6 objects. 3 on each end of a 30 foot course. Each object must switch ends as quickly as possible.
- Prowler Push
- Tire Flip
- Sled Pull
- Fat Grip DB Farmer’s Walk
Special Thank You’s
We thank everyone who came to support Roanoke’s first NAS-sanctioned strongman event in recent years. Congratulations to all the competitors and a special thank you to Iron Sports (the old home of House Of Strength) for help with equipment and planning. Of course Virginia Amateur Sports (VAS) was also an invaluable resource and we look forward to partnering with them for the Commonwealth Games in the years to come. We also thank our sponsors IronMind and Vitamin Shoppe for providing extra prizes for our competitors.
- Nia Llenas
- CarolAnne Herington
- Andrea Long
- Will Doughtery
- Brian Short
Men’s OPEN LW (Under 200lbs)
- Steve Hoprich
- Adam Troutt
- Andrew Jones
Men’s OPEN HW (Over 200lbs)
- Troy Benett
- Danny Linkous