By this point, I know that you know salmon is one of the healthiest foods on Earth. But if like the average person, you’re tired of the same old salmon recipe. Thankfully, Chef Dan Vogt’s orange chili mint salmon is Paleo-friendly, healthy, simple to make, tastes delicious, and best of all – lends a fresh take on a healthy standby.
Look at that photo! That’s what you’ll be eating when you cook this recipe!
In case you’ve forgotten, salmon is a powerfood! It’s loaded with mega-3′s that fight inflammation, protect your brain, ease joint pain, and help you burn body fat. And it’s an excellent source of protein that helps recovery, builds muscle, increases metabolism, and helps you feel full.
Here’s how to make the most delicious salmon you’ve ever tasted.
- 2 x 6 Ounce salmon filets
- 2 x Teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1/4 Freshly squeezed orange juice and rind
- 1 Teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint
- 1/8 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
- Combine coconut oil, orange juice, sriracha, mint, garlic, salt, and pepper. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Top salmon with oil mixture
- Broil for about 8 minutes or until the center of the salmon is medium well (145-150 degrees).